Image-guided solutions for interventional oncology
Interventional oncology procedures depend on highly sophisticated imaging applications – during all phases of the tumor treatment workflow. Siemens has a portfolio of unique, cutting-edge interventional imaging applications that are ideally suited for interventional oncology.
- Supports selective injection through precise identification of tumor-feeding vessels
- Offers immediate information on procedure status
- Virtually eliminates the need for patient transfers to the CT suite
- Reduces total procedure time
- Minimizes the risk of complications
- Leads to procedural changes in 50% of TACE procedures (results of a study published in European Radiology March '09 by Dr. Meyer, University of Berlin, Charité, Germany, and Prof. Dr. Wacker; Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, USA)
- Its field of view (up to 47 cm in diameter) is comparable to CT coverage
- Complete coverage of the abdominal and thoracic organs (liver, lungs) and vessels1
Learn more about syngo DynaCT
syngo DynaCT 360
With syngo DynaCT 360, you can acquire soft-tissue images covering large organs such as the liver or lungs in just 6 seconds – faster than with any previous syngo DynaCT application. For better image quality, fewer motion artifacts, greater patient comfort and less contrast agent. Watch the trailer to discover the new syngo DynaCT 360.
During abdominal and thorax applications, the large field of view (35 cm x 25 cm, 13.8” x 9.8”) lets you visualize the entire tumor anatomy and feeding vessels to support interventional oncology procedures such as chemoembolizations, RF ablations and chemoperfusions. During vascular treatments of the abdomen, it can help detect endoleaks and improve precise graft positioning.
The software indicates the distribution of blood in lesions and surrounding tissue by means of color-coded cross-sectional blood volume maps. Based on this blood volume information, physicians can evaluate changes in perfusion caused by treatment or biological processes.
- Allows for personalized treatment during every step of interventional therapy
- Supports identification of the optimal end point during embolization
- Potential to identify non-responders directly after interventional therapy
Learn more about syngo DynaPBV Body
The ability to outline the tumor and automatically measure its volume assists in estimating the necessary amount of embolization material and in monitoring tumor response to therapy.
- Enhanced planning for embolization procedures
- Improved path-finding during embolization
- Increased treatment confidence
- Accelerates interventional procedures and helps reduce contrast medium and dose
Learn more about syngo Embolization Guidance
- Fuses existing diagnostic data (e.g. PET CT) with syngo DynaCT images
- Overlays acquired data with live fluoroscopy image*
- Allows needle path planning on datasets fused with e.g. MR, CT, PET CT
- Provides additional information such as tumor activity directly in the interventional suite
- Provides full anatomical information for puncture procedures or embolization procedures
* syngo 3D Roadmap required
Now with the 3rd generation of syngo iFlow, it is possible to calculate and display flow curves for single pixel markers. Furthermore, it provides tools to evaluate the inflow and outflow of contrast in dedicated pixels or in regions of interest that enable viewing the blood flow parameters of a user defined region (circular, rectangular or any individual shape), such as time to maximal opacification or area under curve. syngo iFlow provides a greater understanding of the contrast flow within the pathology, greater ease in visualizing the outcome of a procedure and assists the clinician in image review.
- Easily visualize flow characteristics and identify regions with blood flow anomalies
- Confirm treatment results by comparing blood flow in selected regions pre- and post- intervention
- Demonstrate the vascularization pattern of tumors
- Enhance the dominating feeders of vascular malformations.
- No dedicated acquisition protocol required - syngo iFlow postprocessing works on any DSA at any frame rate
Learn more about syngo iFlow
With its intuitive workflow, syngo Needle Guidance makes needle procedure planning easy and convenient. The Siemens detector features a unique integrated cross-hair laser light that aids facilitation of skin entry point selection, and saves dose.
- Excellent needle guidance in three easy steps
- Integrated fusion of control scan acquisitions
- Needle path planning on datasets fused with MR, CT and PET CT
- Better patient access – an important factor especially for: obese patients, complex needle positioning, steep angulations
- Improved patient comfort through continuous monitoring
Learn more about syngo Needle Guidance
Results may vary. Data on file.