Expand your Body MRI services
Growth with Body MRI – enabled by Compressed Sensing GRASP-VIBE
Many children1, the elderly, or very sick patients may not be able to hold their breath long enough for an abdominal scan with dynamic contrast enhancement. This can either lead to compromised image quality or exclusion of a large part of the population from MRI exams – even though it is the gold standard in liver imaging. This challenge will be overcome with the introduction of Compressed Sensing GRASP-VIBE2.
Compressed Sensing GRASP-VIBE: Free-breathing liver dynamics
With our disruptive technology, Compressed Sensing GRASP-VIBE2 you can expand the patient population eligible for abdominal MRI. Patients with limited breath-hold capability or who are unable to follow breathing commands, e.g., patients with dementia, hearing impairment, children1 or multi morbid patients, can now undergo high-resolution dynamic abdominal imaging under free-breathing with one continuous, push-button exam.
- Perform push-button, free-breathing liver dynamics
- Overcome timing challenges in dynamic imaging and respiratory artifacts
- Expand the patient population eligible for abdominal MRI
TWIST-VIBE: Always the right contrast in dynamic liver imaging
One of the main challenges when using contrast agent is catching the right point of the arterial phase, which differs from patient to patient. If this point in time is missed, crucial information may go undetected. Our solution is TWIST-VIBE: it offers high temporal and spatial resolution for multi-arterial imaging with 100% precise contrast timing.
- Robust and fast imaging with full 4D coverage
- Excellent images to plan surgical interventions
- Reliable images and greater detail for every exam
- Time and cost savings
- No need for rescans
StarVIBE: Free-breathing, contrast-enhanced body imaging
Involuntary motion – be that breathing, swallowing or bowel peristalsis – can lead to severe artifacts, compromising diagnosis. StarVIBE is a 3D T1-weighted gradient-echo sequence that efficiently encounters involuntary motion in the body and is the method of choice in every region where involuntary motion (lung, pelvis, orbits, head & neck, bowel) might compromise image quality.
- Patients can breathe freely throughout the scan
- Reliable imaging of patients otherwise excluded from MRI
- Free-breathing T1-weighted 3D measurements with very high spatial Resolution
- StarVIBE effectively compensates breathing, swallowing, bowel motion and other sources of motion artifacts
- Reduced need for rescans due to substantially reduced motion artifact
FREEZEit will first be available on our MAGNETOM Aera 1.5T and MAGNETOM Skyra 3T scanners:
1The safety of imaging infants under two years of age has not been established. The responsible physician must evaluate the benefits of the MR examination compared to those of other imaging procedures.
2510(k) pending. The product is still under development and not commercially available yet. Its future availability cannot be ensured.