A 65-year-old patient with prostate cancer was referred to MR for clinical staging of the disease. The PSA level was 25 µg/l and the biopsy of the prostate had shown a Gleason grade 5.
• A prototype of an endorectal coil and interface for 3T (Medrad, Pittsburgh, USA) was used for signal reception. The body coil was used for signal excitation.
• Multislice axial T2-weighted TSE sequence: 15 axial slices, TR 4490 ms, TE 153 ms, turbo factor 17, FoV 200 x 100 mm, matrix 768 x 384, slice thickness 2.5 mm. Hyperechoes were used to decrease SAR.
• Multislice coronal T2-weighted TSE sequence: 13 coronal slices, TR 4000 ms, TE 116 ms, turbo factor 17, FoV 180 x 90 mm, matrix 512 x 256, slice thickness 4 mm. Hyperechoes were used to decrease SAR.
• T1-weighted 3D sequence: Axial reconstruction of 32 partitions, TR 8.6 ms, TE 4.0 ms, flip angle 15 degrees, FoV 130 x 65 x 48 mm, matrix 256 x 128 x 32, slice thickness 2.5 mm.
• MAGNETOM Trio, software syngo MR 2004A