Webinar: How laboratory diagnostics can help with today’s challenges in the prevention, detection, and treatment of hepatitis C.
A Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) infection is the most prevalent cause of non-A, non-B hepatitis (NANBH), and infection is often associated with the use of intravenous drugs. The disease can also be transmitted through transfusion of infected blood or blood products, and many countries have imposed mandatory screening to significantly reduce the risk of such transmission.
Safe and sensitive diagnostic tools are required to screen potentially infected individuals and to monitor therapy in support of the most effective treatment for patients diagnosed with HCV.
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics is pleased to host a complimentary webinar to demonstrate the impact of the laboratory on prevention, detection, and treatment of hepatitis C.
The webinar will feature two presentations by Prof. R. Stefan Ross, Essen University Hospital, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany, and Dr. Caroline Tinguely, Blutspendedienst SKR Bern AG, Bern, Switzerland, and will be concluded by a Q&A session.
Attend this complementary webinar and learn:
- What new drugs are available to support treatment strategies
- How a new anti-HCV test can support automation and improve routine testing
- How a new anti-HCV test can increase safety
- How laboratories can meet today's hepatitis C testing challenges
New Enzygnost® Anti-HCV 4.0 Assay1
- High sensitivity may reduce the need for PCR pooling
- May support optimized therapy in patients infected with HCV
- Streamline processing of all screening assays for improved workflow, especially in high-volume laboratories and blood banks
- Non-carcinogenic assay ensures safety of lab personnel and environment
Enzygnost Anti-HCV 4.0 Assay is under development and not available for sale.